Wednesday 10 July 2013

MY (SLIGHTLY EXCESSIVE) TRAVEL MAKEUP BAG

I do tend to over pack a little bit, and most of the time I bring twice as much makeup as I need, but hey better safe than sorry, right? I guess I'm going to show you what I pack anyway. 

For face products, I recommend taking a primer, especially if you're going to a hot location because it will make your foundation last a lot longer. I also take a foundation and tinted moisturiser because I like to have a choice, especially in the summer. For concealers I packed a palette because its very useful for travelling, and you can mix and match depending on what you prefer on the day, as well as the mac prep and prime highlighter to brighten under the eyes a little. Then a powder or two (see? told you I bring too much), and a few blushes and bronzers. I also packed an MSF and a Smashbox highlighting wand.



For eyes, I'm going to take my MAC palettes because I like to have a lot of colours with me, however if you're going away for a week or so, you only really need a few different shades for one or two looks. 
If you do wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, I recommend bringing a base to keep it lasting as long as possible. My Maybelline mascara is definitely coming with me too, as well a benefit they're real mascara (a small sample size so it's perfect for travel).






Eyeliners, for me, are a must because I wear them often, so I'm taking two liquid liners, a mac technakohl pencil eyeliner, as well as a Rimmel scandal eyes eyeliner. Archery brow marker is also a definite must as its one of my all time favourite products and makes my eyebrows look amazing.



I'm taking one lip liner, and a few lipsticks in different colours, so I can have a good variety of shades depending on the look I'm going for. 



The make up bag I packed everything in is from river island, it's one of those perfect make up bags that fits everything in but doesn't look too big. I take some brushes with me when I travel as well, and most of the time I put them in a brush roll so they're covered and safe to travel with. The brushes I take are just the basics and you can find them in my previous post here.



So that's all I take with me when I travel! Let me know if you have any travel must haves too!

NV
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment