Saturday 6 July 2013

TOP 10 MAKEUP BRUSHES


Starting off with the face, the Real Techniques buffing brush is probably my all time favourite. I use it to buff in my liquid foundation everyday because it just makes it so quick and easy, and gives a lovely finish to the skin. 
Another Real Techniques brush I use often is the contour brush which is from the core collection set as well. I use it for cream bronzer because its the perfect size and blends the product in amazingly! 
To highlight my face I use a Bobbi Brown foundation brush which came in a holiday set so its a little smaller. Since I already had the buffing brush for foundation application, I thought I could use this one for my MAC MSF instead! 
I use the MAC 187 stippling brush to apply blush or powder bronzer. Its also great for cream blushes because they don't go on too heavy and blend in really easily.  
For powder I use the MAC 165 brush, it's smaller than usual powder brushes, but that's why I like it! I use it to apply powder all over my face, but it also works great in areas like around the nose and chin because of its shape. 
The last brush I use for my face is a MAC 109 brush, which is actually meant to be used as an eyeliner brush, but I find its the perfect size for pin-point concealing. I use it on any blemishes and it does the job really well and doesn't make my concealer look heavy at all. It does take a little bit longer to do this though, so it might not be a great technique to use if you're in a rush.


The three eye brushes I picked are all by MAC, just because they are my favourites at the moment. The 223 brush is one of my favourites because its a little bit thinner and longer compared to the 217 so I use it to just lightly blend two shades together.
Next is the 217, which is also a blending brush, and i love it because its perfect for blending out eyeshadow for any look.
The last eyeshadow brush is number 239. It's a shader brush, great for applying eyeshadow on the lid because it distributes the colour really well and its super soft. 



The last brush I chose is the Real Techniques concealer brush which I actually use as a lip brush instead! I like that it evenly distributes the lipstick, and i also love the shape because it fits perfectly on the lips. 


So that's all of my favourite brushes i use on an daily basis! Let me know what your favourite make up brushes are in the comments! 















NV
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Here is another list of Top 10 makeup brushes that you must own

    Best Makeup Brushes

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have very similar tastes in brushes, I can't do my makeup without the MAC 217 or 239, I love the RT buffing brush, but for some of my foundation I find the Sigma F80 much better at giving a flawless finish, have you tried it?

    Paula at Beauty Lover xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't tried anything from Sigma, I've heard a lot of good things about them though! Did you order online? xx

      Delete
    2. Yes I did, I got them from Beauty Chamber, they have a good selection of Sigma brushes. Let me know if you get any x

      Delete
    3. Oh right! Thank you very much, I'll definitely have a look (you can never have enough makeup brushes haha!) x

      Delete
  3. Such a great post, your recommended makeup products are look good very cute and nice makeup brushes. Perfect for everyday makeup routine. Thanks for sharing your blog with us!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete