Thursday 4 July 2013

EVERYDAY MAKEUP


My everyday makeup tends to be quite natural. I usually have around 30 minutes to do it and I find that this routine works well for me because it's quite quick and easy, so without any further ado, here is what my morning looks like!

I always start off with foundation (or a tinted moisturiser on a good skin day). This step probably takes the most time but makes the most difference. The foundations I'm using at the moment are two by mac, and I actually mix them together to get the shade that best suits my skin. I always apply it with a buffing brush from Real Techniques (my favourite brush ever!).
If i have any areas that need a little more coverage i apply concealer using a very small brush. I also put some on under my eyes to brighten up my face and look more awake! 
I then apply some powder on top to set everything, which adds a little more coverage. I usually go for the MAC MSF natural.

Then I do a little bit of contouring with the MAC bronzing powder and apply some blush, which varies day to day. MAC MSF in Soft And Gentle is next to hilight my cheek bones, and my face is done!

My eyes are usually very simple if i don't have much time, so just a light shade of eyeshdow quickly put on with a shader brush and then (if i feel like it) some winged eyeliner and a few coats of mascara. 
Eyebrows are also very important, they frame the face and they just make me look more polished. I love brow products like Archery by Soap and Glory or MAC's Penultimate brow marker. They both look really natural on the brows and fill them in well. 

After i've finished my eyes and brows, I put some lip balm on and usually a lipstick (which also varies day to day) and my makeup is done! 





Products and Brushes pictured:
  • MAC Face And Body foundation
  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 foundation
  • MAC Pro Conceal And Correct palette
  • Real Techniques buffing brush
  • MAC 210 brush

  • MAC MSF Natural 
  • MAC Bronzing Powder
  • MAC MSF in Soft And Gentle
  • MAC 165 brush
  • MAC 187 brush

  • Urban Decay eyeshadow in Cherry
  • Benefit They're Real mascara (mini)
  • Barry M liquid eyeliner
  • Soap And Glory Archery brow marker and pencil
  • MAC 239 brush

  • Korres lip butter
  • MAC lipstick in Girl About Town

If you'd like a review of any of the products mentioned, please let me know!

NV xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Love this post, The concealer palette looks good and I really fancy trying the Soft and Gentle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I love the MSF, definitely one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  2. mac always with the best makeup products
    following his blog found a love, is able to return ....
    http://www.naughtygiirl.com/

    ReplyDelete