Friday 2 August 2013

COMPARISON: MAKEUP FOREVER HD POWDER vs. MAC PREP + PRIME

I have two loose translucent powders, one from MAC and one from Make Up Forever, so I thought I'd compare them for you. 

They're similar in how they look on the skin, however the Makeup Forever one only has one ingredient, Silica. It has 8.5g of product for £24.95, and the container is a little larger than the MAC one. It has a handy sifter opening, so the powder doesn't come out all at once which is great, especially if you're travelling with it as its not likely to go everywhere. 

The MAC one has 8g, and costs £20. It's easier to get hold of in the UK because you can get it in stores/counters as well as online, compared to the Makeup forever one which is not as easily accessible. The MAC powder is £5 less expensive, but you don't get quite as much product (only 0.5g less). 

Both of the powders are really nice in my opinion. They're very similar in how they work, but it's worth noting that they are meant to use to set liquid foundation and make it last longer, not to provide any coverage. 
They both last a long time because you only need a small amount for your whole face and a little bit definitely does go a long way, so you don't need to repurchase as often. 

Overall I like the container of the Makeup forever powder more because its much easier to use, but the MAC one is a little more expensive as 1g works out to be £2.50, whereas the Makeup Forever one works out to be £2.94 for 1g, so I guess it's whichever you prefer. 


Thank you for reading,

NV
xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried any products from Make up forever before - the face and body looks good but is it as good as macs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their face and body foundation, but I recently got the HD one and it's amazing! Love all of the products I've tried from them so far!

      Delete