Saturday 24 May 2014

SUMMER DAY TO NIGHT EYE SHADOW LOOK

It's time for my first tutorial! This look is colourful, bright and simple to recreate - perfect if you want to add some colour to your everyday neutral makeup look (just in time for summer) by adding some purple to your lower lash line!

Step number one is to apply some sort of base (it can be a cream eyeshadow, an eye primer or even just a little bit of concealer), because you need something for the eyeshadows to stick to. It will also make it long lasting so you won't need to worry about any smudging, fading or creasing.

Number two is to apply a light shade of shimmery eyeshadow - like Urban Decay's Sin - all over your eyelid with a shader brush. It's shimmery so it will make your eyes look bright and fresh - perfect for the summer sun!

Step three - take a darker shade of eyeshadow and apply it in the crease with a blender brush. It will make your eye makeup look a bit more interesting and add definition, I used Urban Decay's Sidecar because goes great with Sin.

For step four you want to apply a light purple pencil eyeliner to the lower lash line. I used a Sephora one, but Barry M do great ones as well and they're more accessible in the UK. For this step you could decide to change purple to any other colour you wish, or you could even do more than one colour!

Step number five - apply some pigment (or eyeshadow) on top of the pencil liner in a matching colour to intensify it, then apply some glitter in the inner corner of the eye to add light, blending the glitter into the purple using a small brush. 

Number six is probably the most time consuming but adds definition to the eye and makes any eye makeup look awesome. I start off applying the liquid eyeliner from the middle of the eye, going in little strokes to the outer corner of the eye and then extending it to a little flick. I then fill everything in, and the eyeliner is complete!

Lashes are step number seven. I use DUO glue and apply some on the lash band (you don't want it too thick as it will just slide around, but you don't want too little as it won't stick properly). 
Once the glue is on the eyelash, I use my tweezers to place it in the middle of my eye, then press down on the sides. After I've done both eyes and the glue has dried, I go over the lash band with the liquid eyeliner to blend everything in. 
Quick tip: squeeze some lash glue out some time before application to allow the glue to get tacky - this means they'll be a lot easier to put on.

Step eight is the last one - brows! I use Benefit's Brow Zings with a thin eyeliner brush. Similarly to the liquid liner, I work from the middle, then move to the outer corner and do the inner part last. I apply the tinted wax first then go over it with the powder to set in place.

...And voilĂ  - your beautiful summer eye makeup is complete! 


For the rest of my face, I applied foundation, then blended in some concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes, then set everything with a colour correcting power. Bronzer looks lovely with this look, so I put some on using a stippling brush for a more delicate application.

As this is an everyday look, I decided on a light pink shade of lipstick and gloss to match the purple eyes. 

If you want to quickly change up your look into more of a darker evening look (or if you just prefer darker shades for every day wear), you can add a deeper shade of eyeshadow on the purple eyeliner and smudge it out using a small shader brush or even a cotton bud to make it look more smokey. 
Then add a purple lipstick and you're good to go! 


This competition is open to all bloggers,
for T's and C's go to http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/page/competition 

Thank you for reading,

NV
xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! Need to give this a go!
    I love that colour too, been wanting it for so long, you may have just persuaded me!

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  2. Super beautiful, pretty pop of purple!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful makeup look, I love purples on the eye's and lips! I am also lusting after up the amp, think that's gonna be my next MAC lippy to get :)

    Paula at Beauty Lover xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Up The Amp is beautiful :)

      Delete